Why I Love to Exercise

Hello, all. I hope you had a "Happy Americans Who Didn't Want to Pay Taxes Day", or Independence Day, as it is commonly known. I had a surprisingly chill one myself, which is really weird, since I am the daughter of immigrants. On the other hand, "Happy 4th of July" was not explicitly expressed, we just happened to have a barbecue that same day.


Regardless, after stuffing my face (and stomach) with countless rolls of bread (I'm gonna pay for that later), I woke up this morning with the resolve to go to the gym. I surprised myself with sticking with it (I usually talk myself out of it before rising from the bed). I went to the local gym and busted out a 20-minute treadmill workout at about 6.5mph.

This is great news for me, because it is helping me reach my goal of running straight for 30 minutes. I'm trying to get back into soccer shape, so the more I run (and faster, too), the better shape I'll be in for tryouts in the fall.

I was feeling full of cheer, so I decided to dedicate this post on why I love to exercise. Check it out:

1) I get to escape the stress of the day and just focus on one thing: my training.

2) My body image improves (I look at my legs and am pleased to see the muscles in my quads working as I run)

3) I feel more confident and proud knowing that I'm working to chisel a body that I will be proud of later.

4) I actually feel energized and ready to go about my day's activities

5) I eat less, knowing that I can't overeat and waste the calories I spent so much time burning.

6) I guzzle so much water during the day after I exercised.

7) I sweat and I actually feel pretty sweating :)

8) People see me as a healthy individual, and although you shouldn't care what other people think, it does boost your confidence.

9) I feel good knowing that I'm losing inches and buying smaller sizes in clothes.

10) It just makes me happy.

I posted it here, so next time I think of a reason why I don't want to workout I have proof of my euphoric feelings later.


Until Next Time,

S.

0 comments: