Feeling Unhappy....

Hey, All. Sorry for the long absence. Decided to throw a quick blurb out into cyberspace about my body image.


For the most part, I look healthy. I have an hourglass shape (that you can barely depict, but hey, measurements don't lie) and I'm athletic. If you were to guess my weight, you'd be astonished. I've been blessed with a great frame to hide unpleasant weight gain. I've been able to coast off of the fact that I'm playing sports or that muscle weighs more than fat and all that.

But today in church (Catholics, holla!), I felt very subconscious. Throughout the day, I was dissatisfied with my green t-shirt because I felt that it wasn't super flattering. Of course, I wore the same outfit to church. My normally perfect-fit skinny jeans gave me a muffin top that I could actually feel. I felt uber-sensitive, as if someone from the pew behind me would reach over and grab my love-handles.

Suffice to say, I never feel this self-conscious. But being me, I'm determined to do something about it. I'm gonna live my life by three simple goals (at least until summer's over):

1) Eat healthy and right.

2) Exercise regularly

3) Buy clothes that FIT, regardless of the size.

I'd rather be a perfectly fitting 8 or 9 then a barely-contained size 6 or 7 (or better yet, I'd rather be a perfectly fitting 4 or 6.....).

That's all. Thought I'd share :)

Until Next Time,

S.


P.S. Spain won the World Cup. More on that later...

0 comments: